Monday, December 1, 2008

The Rest of My Time!



As most of you know or may not know, I also teach dance and gymnastics after I finish teaching at school all day. I teach Monday-Thursday from 4:00 until about 8:30 each night. This is my fifth year of owning and operating my dance studio (Monticello Dance Academy), and I'm still learning so much that helps me in my classroom at school- and vice versa. I really do have a whole new perspective on teaching dance and gymnastics because of my teaching at the high school this year. Attached are some pictures of one of my gymnastics classes that I teach on Monday nights. It really is neat to see that diversity exists everywhere and I can truly see it within my dance and gym students. Also attached is one of my students in action with me spotting her. I'm so glad that I have my studio to fall back on if teaching school doesn't work out for me. I love teaching dance and gym and it is such a stress reliever after a long day in the classroom! :)


No comments: