Monday, December 1, 2008

Respect

I know I posted something earlier this year about my crazy 9th graders, and I think I have finally figured out what is wrong.... There is no respect coming from the kids today. I honestly think that if the children have a good support coming from there parents or whoever is raising them, then they will be taught the moral values of discipline, responsibility, and respect. Even though I was complaining earlier in the year, I do have to say that things have gotten a little better. Several of my kids have been sent to ISS (In-school suspension), Day Springs, and even boot camp. With some of these students it seems to help, but with others it doesn't really phase them. I am learning from my mistakes though, and I will know what to expect next semester and how to deal with students. One thing that I'm going to change is having bathroom passes or just passes in general to leave the classroom because sometimes I feel as if my students are taking advantage of me not having those. As a teacher, I am always learning something new and I don't mind taking advice from anyone who has it to offer! But back to the point of this posting, I really do believe that there isn't much respect from young students, and I wish that this is something that could be instilled in them as early as possible and encouraged throughout their educational career. These students and this generation in general are the future of our country, and (with some of them taking on this role) it really scares me!

No comments: