Sunday, September 14, 2008

Crazy 9th graders!

I don't know if it's just with my class.... I really doubt it though.... but I have a 3rd block class that is horrible!! They are 9th grade Algebra I students and it is right after lunch so that doesn't really help any... but I just don't know what to do with them!! I have rearranged the desks and made new seating charts for them atleast 5 times.... I do believe that this time is working out a little better though. My principal has been very supportive so that helps, but I just don't know what to do with them! Any suggestions? And I'm still very new to this blogging thing so I'm still trying to get all of this figured out! I'm really not sure what it is exactly that I'm suppose to be posting, but I will try to put some pictures of my classroom on here at a later date!

1 comment:

Charles Smith said...

I hear ya Allison! The only class I struggle with is my last period 9th graders. They exhibit complete disregard. The only thing that works is hardcore lecturing and note taking, if I slow down from the lecture at all, I lose them, but as long as I keep going, they keep writing. I've tried other group activities, and learning styles, but they just go crazy and lose focus!